OPPO has introduced its latest flagship, the Find X5 Pro, and it comes with a couple of firsts for the company.
The OPPO Find X5 Pro is the first device to enjoy the brand’s latest partnership with Hasselblad. The renowned camera maker shared its expertise for the device’s Natural Color Calibration feature that utilizes the 13-channel color sensor for more natural-looking images.
Other than the dedicated color sensor, the main camera hardware is identical to its predecessors. There’s the 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 main shooter, joined by an ultra-wide that uses the same sensor. We also have a telephoto lens with a 13-megapixel sensor that can do 5x of hybrid and 20x digital zoom.
Another first is the inclusion of a dedicated 6nm MariSilicon X NPU chip. It assists the camera hardware in noise reduction with the help of AI, as well as enabling 4K Ultra Night Video, which works on both the main and ultra-wide cameras.
Other notable camera feature is the 5-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) for the main camera and Binaural Recording with Dolby audio. While on the front, we have a Sony IMX709 with an RGBW sub-pixels sensor for selfies. It’s on a traditional punch-hole and not underneath the display.
The rest of the specs look pretty standard for a flagship device. There’s a large 6.7-inch screen with a vibrant AMOLED panel and a variable fresh rate that can go from 1Hz to 120Hz. It’s also pretty sharp with its 3216 x 1400 pixel resolution. Also onboard are 10-bit color and 100% DCI-P3 coverage.
It goes without saying that OPPO’s latest flagship will run on one of the most powerful processors around, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. It’s joined by the latest Android 12-based ColorOS 12.1.
At 5,000mAh, the battery capacity is larger than its predecessor. It’s juiced by OPPO’s 80W SuperVOOC wired charger that can do a 0-50% charge in just 12 minutes. 50W AirVOOC wireless charging is also here, which can do a full charge in under 50 minutes.
To handle such charging speeds, OPPO has included a thing called Battery Health Engine, which can apparently help the battery keep its 100% health after 1,600 charges. There’s also the 3D graphene film that ensures the charging coil that stays cool.
The OPPO Find X5 Pro also comes with stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos support, and a feature called 360-degree smart antenna that automatically detects the most reliable connection and switches to it.
You can get the OPPO Find X5 Pro for a starting price of EUR1,299 (around Php74,700) and will be available in select markets starting March 14. Release details here in the Philippines are yet to be known.
OPPO Find X5 Pro Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch QHD+ AMOLED LTPO display, 3216 x 1440 pixel resolution, 525ppi
- 1Hz-120Hz dynamic refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling
- 10-bit color, 100% DCI-P3 and sRGB
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- MariSilicon X Imaging NPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.7, IMX766, 5-axis OIS) + 50-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide, IMX766) + 13-megapixel (telephoto, 5x hybrid, 20x digital zoom) rear cameras, LED flash
- Hasselblad Natural Color Calibration, 4K Ultra Night Video
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- Dolby Atmos
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2, Bluetooth Low Energy
- GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 73.9 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 218g
- Colors: Ceramic White, Glaze Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 80W SuperVOOC wired charging, 50W AirVOOC wireless charging