OPPO has also unveiled the bigger brother of the R9S – OPPO R9S Plus.
While the regular R9S is already considerably big at 5.5-inches, the Plus model clocks at a 6-inch 1080 screen. It features an incredibly thin 1.78mm side bezels and it’s rated to have a 79% screen-to-body ratio.
The OPPO R9S Plus carries a better SoC than its little sibling, the recently announced Snapdragon 653 by Qualcomm. And multitasking is simply in a different league with its massive 6GB of RAM. There won’t be shortage in storage as well, as it comes with 64GB out of the box. Most of its internals is the same as the R9S.
OPPO claims that OPPO R9S Plus can last for up to two hours of talk time in just five minutes of charging time. It has the same Sony IMX398 sensor with f/1.7 aperture for better imaging capabilities. It has a dual-focus feature which is said to be significantly faster than phase detection auto-focus.
OPPO R9S Plus Specs
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, ColorOS 3.0
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby, Hybrid
- 6-inch Full HD 2.5D Arc Display, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
- 1.95GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage
- microSD support up to 128GB
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, hotspot
- 4G LTE
- 16-megapixel Sony IMX 398 rear camera with EIS, LED flash, 4K video
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/1.7 aperture
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB-Type C
- Dimensions: 163.63 x 80.8 x 7.35 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
Whether the OPPO R9S Plus would go on sale internationally as the OPPO F1S Plus, it’s still unknown. We won’t be surprised if it does, though. After all, the F1 Plus was based on the first generation R9 so it’s just a matter of time before we get the announcement.
The OPPO R9S price is 3499 yuan (~Php25,000, $519) and it will be available in December. Not much information has been released yet, so we expect them to come out in the next few weeks.