OPPO held an event in Thailand and launched the Reno 8 and 8 Pro. It was also the stage for the official reveal of an all-new smartphone, the Reno 8Z 5G.
The new OPPO Reno 8 Z 5G is powered by the trusty Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 octa-core processor, which means it comes with 5G connectivity for futureproofing.
It is then paired with a roomy 8GB of RAM and a decent 128GB of storage. If that’s not enough, you can add more via the microSD card slot.
On the front, we have a compact 6.43-inch screen that uses a colorful OLED panel with a sharp FHD+ pixel resolution. No high refresh rate, though.
A punch-hole on the top of the screen holds the sharp 16-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back, we have three lenses that hold the 64-megapixel main lens, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
To keep it thin and light, OPPO made a slight compromise on the battery as it only has a 4,500mAh capacity. It is paired with 33W fast charging support. Software is handled by the Android 12-based ColorOS 12.1 interface.
The OPPO Reno 8 Z 5G has a price of THB12,990 (around Php20,200) and is now up for pre-orders in Thailand and will then be available on August 14. No word yet if it’s coming to the Philippines.
OPPO Reno 8 Z 5G Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.43-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 409ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.7, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.2 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 181g
- Colors: Starlight Black, Dawnlight Gold
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging