We already got the Redmi Note 9 series for a couple of months now. But today, the company have finally revealed the Xiaomi Redmi 9, the cheapest model of the line-up.
The Redmi 9 is powered by the latest MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, an entry-level chipset that we also saw on the Realme 6i. You can get it with 3GB/32GB or 4GB/64GB of RAM and expandable storage.
On the front, we have a 6.54-inch FHD+ IPS display, with yesterday’s waterdrop notch for the 8-megapixel selfie camera.
The back has a similar design to the Redmi K30 series. The quad-cameras and the fingerprint scanner are in the middle, sitting on a glass in a vertical orientation.
Just like most entry-level phones, the Redmi 9 compensates by having a large 5,020mAh battery. There’s also an IR blaster that lets you control your non-smart appliances.
The Redmi 9 has an official price of EUR149 (~Php8,450) for the 3GB/32GB, while the 4GB/64GB retails for EUR179 (~Php10,100).
We’ve already seen this device posted in Lazada Philippines via a third-party seller for Php7,350 and Php7,990, respectively. However, Xiaomi Philippines is yet to announce its official price and availability details here in the country.
Update 6/18/20: The Redmi 9 has an official price of Php6,990 of the 3GB/32GB and Php7,490 for the 4GB/64GB model.
Redmi 9 Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- 2GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 32GB/64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4, 4cm) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.22 x 77.01 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Ocean Green, Sunset Purple, Carbon Grey
- 5,020mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charger