Xiaomi recently launched a couple of new hardware under its sub-brand. Here we have the new Redmi K40S.
Introduced alongside the Redmi K50 series and the new RedmiBook Pro 15, the Redmi K40S is a pretty capable smartphone powered by last gen’s Snapdragon 870 processor. It’s paired with an equally impressive FHD+ E4 AMOLED screen with a fast 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling when playing games.
Around the back, we have a similar design to the K50 series. The distinct camera island houses the 48-megapixel IMX582 sensor with optical image stabilization. It’s joined by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide and 2-megapixel macro. There’s a punch-hole on the front for the 20-megapixel selfie camera.
Keeping the lights on is a decent 4,500mAh battery with a fast 67W charging support.
The Redmi K40S has a price of CNY1,799 (around Php14,900) for the 6GB/128GB, CNY1,999 (around Php16,500) for the 8GB/128GB, CNY2,199 (around Php18,200) for the 8GB/256GB, and CNY2,399 (around Php19,800) for the 12GB/256GB. They are now available in China with no word yet if it’s coming to other markets like the Philippines.
Redmi K40S Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- HDR10+, DCI-P3, Dolby Vision
- 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate
- 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (IMX582, PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- No headphone jack
- Stereo speakers, Hi Res audio, Hi Res wireless, Dolby Atmos
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.2 x 76 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 195g
- Colors: Green, Blue, Gray, Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 67W fast charging