The ever-so-popular Dimensity 700 processor from MediaTek is here to stay and more brand-new smartphones are coming out powered by one. The latest entry is Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 11 SE.
Launched alongside the Note 11T Pro series, the new Redmi Note 11 SE is powered by the said chipset, which is the same processor found on other 5G-equipped budget devices.
Judging by the design and the rest of the specs, this device appears to be a rebranded POCO M3 Pro 5G that came out way back in June of last year.
This means that it has a pretty bold design on the back with the large Redmi logo below the camera island, which holds the 48-megapixel main shooter and an accompanying 2-megapixel depth sensor.
On the front, we have an 8-megapixel selfie snapper on top of the standard 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD panel, which also managed to have a 90Hz refresh rate.
Keeping the lights on is a 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging — again, a couple of basic features you’d expect from a budget 5G smartphone. It will still ship with Android 11 OS, just like Xiaomi‘s POCO M3 Pro.
The Redmi Note 11 SE comes in two colors: Shadow Black and Space Blue, with no yellow option to distance it from the POCO brand. Price starts at CNY1,099 (around Php8,600) for the 4GB/128GB. You can also get it with twice the RAM capacity at 8GB/128GB for CNY1,399 (around Php10,900). It will be available in China on the 31st of May.
Redmi Note 11 SE Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 404ppi
- DynamicSwitch refresh rate (30Hz/50Hz/60Hz/90Hz), 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack, Hi-Res Audio Certified
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC (select markets)
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Shadow Black, Space Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support, 22.5W charger included