One of the most successful models of the line-up, the Redmi Note 8, is getting a refreshed version for 2021.
The new Redmi Note 8 2021 is essentially the same as the first Note 8 that came out in late 2019. This one now has a MediaTek Helio G85 octa-core processor versus the Snapdragon 665 chip of the 1-and-a-half-year old model.
It also runs on the newer Android 11 operating system out of the box, with the brand’s MIUI 12.5 interface. It also has a splash-resistant nano-coating. Albeit, the video recording was downgraded to 1080p @ 30fps from 4K @ 30fps. The 6GB RAM option is also gone.
The rest of the specs is essentially the same. There’s the compact 6.3-inch FHD+ screen, a quad-camera setup on the back, a 4,000mah battery, and 18W charging. The shiny glass-like design and vertical camera layout were also untouched.
Official price and availability details are yet to be announced, so stay tuned for that. If you want a newer Xiaomi device with the same Helio G85 processor, you can check the Redmi Note 9 that’s available in the Philippines.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 2021 Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM
- 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G85 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MP2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (ISOCELL GW2, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Rear-moutned fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 1217 super linear speakers
- Water splash coating
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.35mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, Space Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging, 22.5W charger included