The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G have been announced as the brand’s cheapest 5G-equipped smartphone.
Powering the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G is the trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700. The same chipset powering a lot of 5G budget phones in the country today.
Update 6/29/21: The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G price in the Philippines have been announced.
Unlike most Samsung phones, it lacks a vibrant AMOLED panel. On the upside, the large 6.6-inch FHD+ screen has a fast 90Hz refresh rate.
The design on the back looks very basic, with the 2×2 square camera layout looking very similar to a lot of Chinese phones we’ve already seen. It consists of a 48-megapixel main shooter, a 5-megapixel ultra-wide, and a depth sensor. Completing the quad-camera illusion is actually an LED flash, not a fourth camera sensor.
Keeping the lights on is a 5,000mAh battery, which shall be enough to provide hours of browsing on 5G.
Select markets can get the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G for a starting price of EUR230 (around Php13,300) this July. Its release details here in the Philippines are yet to be known. A 4G LTE-only version is also available with an AMOLED screen and a more capable camera set.
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G Specs
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ TFT display
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9mm
- Weight: 203g
- Colors: Violet, Mint, White, Gray
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging