The latest addition to Galaxy A series, the Samsung Galaxy A40, was just unveiled in The Netherlands.
It has a dual camera with regular sensors similar to Galaxy A30 — which consists of a 16-megapixel primary shooter with an extra 5-megapixel ultra-wide angle camera. While on the front we have a 25-megapixel camera for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy A40 has a 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage that is expandable up to 512GB via microSD card. The power is supplied by a 3,100mAh battery, it also has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Under the hood, we have an Exynos 7885 chipset.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Samsung One UI
- 2.2GHz Exynos 7885 octa-core processor
- 5.9-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~427ppi
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G71 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 25-megapixel front camera
- 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel (ultra wide-angle) dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 144.3 x 69.1 x 7.9mm
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Orange
- 3,100mAh non-removable battery
The Samsung Galaxy A40 is available for EUR249 (Php14,900) in The Netherlands. Belsimpel, a Dutch retailer, is already gathering pre-orders of the handset. It would be released on April 10.