The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G just made its subtle entrance in the Philippines.
In a Facebook post, the company announced that the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G is now available in the Philippines. But unlike their other releases, this one will be exclusively available through Globe and Smart. That’s similar to what OPPO did with the Reno 4 Z 5G.
Initially introduced in October, the Galaxy A42 5G features a Snapdragon 750G octa-core processor, with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. We also have a large 5,000mAh battery, triple rear cameras, and, oddly, a 6.6-inch HD display. You can check the full specs list below.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Specs
- Android 10, One UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- NFC, Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Prism Dot Gray, Prism Dot Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W adaptive fast charging
See also: 5G smartphones in the Philippines
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G is available through Smart Signature Plan with an initial cash-out price that starts at Php9,000 for the Plan S 999 plan. You can then get it for free with the Plan XL for 2999.
You can also get it at Globe ThePlan 599 with a Php12,000 cash-out or free starting with the Plan 1799. Whichever telco you end up with, you would take home a free UV sterilizer until supplies last.