Samsung surprised everyone when they announced the new Galaxy A7 2018, the company’s most interesting midrange release in recent years.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 is the very first triple-camera smartphone from the tech giant. The party consists of a 24-megapixel primary sensor with a bright f/1.7 aperture, an 8-megapixel one with a wide-angle lens, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor for the bokeh effect.
It’s powered by a 2.2Ghz octa-core processor, has a sharp and vibrant 6-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, and a decent 3,300mAh battery.
Probably the most interesting part of the Galaxy A7 2018 is its price tag. The device has an official price of Php17,990 here in the country. Making it a worthy opponent to some midrange hard-hitters in the market today like the OPPO F9 and the Huawei Nova 3i.
And to make it extra more exciting, Samsung will be throwing in a free JBL Flip 3 Stealth speaker and a Nanofixit Screen Protection and Insurance if you pre-order the device until October 26. All of the aforementioned freebies are said to be worth up to Php6,000.
You can reserve your unit in Samsung Experience Stores nationwide, or online via Shopee, Lazada, ArgoMall, Abenson, and MemoXpress. There’s a required Php500 downpayment fee, which will then be deducted from the official price once the device is available for pick-up on October 27.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, Samsung Experience UI
- Dual SIM
- 6-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2220 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~411ppi
- 2.2GHz octa-core processor (unspecified chipset)
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 24-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 120° wide-angle) + 5-megapixel (Depth sensor) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- Side fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE Cat.6
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NeiDou
- NFC (select markets)
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 76.8 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 168g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Pink
- 3,300mAh battery