The Galaxy A family is getting a new member. This time, we have the Samsung Galaxy A70, the most lavish device in the company’s midrange line-up.
With the Samsung Galaxy A70, you’re getting a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display, with a really tall and cinematic 20:9 aspect ratio that’s identical to Sony’s Xperia 10 series. It is also an Infinity-U display, which means that there’s a small notch to house its selfie camera.
Speaking of which, the Galaxy A70 is the first Samsung device to sport a pixel-packed 32-megapixel front-facing camera. The same sensor can be found on the back, which is joined by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens and a 5-megapixel depth sensor.
It will be powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core processor. The exact chipset used was not mentioned, but it’s highly plausible that Samsung used their homemade Exynos chip on this thing.
Probably a ‘big’ surprise that the Samsung Galaxy A70 has is its 4,500mAh battery, which can be recharged with its 25W fast charger. Just like what the Galaxy S10 5G has. The phone also brags an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 6.7-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~392ppi
- Infinity-U notch
- 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 32-megapixel (f/1.7) + 8-megpaixel (ultra wide, f/2.2), 5-megapixel (depth sensor, f/2.2) triple rear cameras, PDAF LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9mm
- Colors: Black, Blue, White, Coral
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, Super Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A70 is expected to be available on April 10 in select markets. By then, we shall have the official pricing and possible release details here in the Philippines.