The 5G era is right upon us. While it’s complete rollout is still far away, smartphones with 5G connectivity features have sprung out — including the latest Samsung Galaxy S10 5G.
Everyone’s attention is currently directed to the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, as well as the more affordable Galaxy S10e variant. But actually, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G isn’t the one you should overlook.
As the name suggests, the Galaxy S10 5G has a — you guessed it — 5G connectivity. It can connect with sub-mmWave and 6GHz networks. But due to the current limitations of available 5G areas, the device is only available in a number of network providers in the United States, United Kingdom, and other countries.
It will also come with WiFi 6 antenna, which we expect to see in more wireless gadgets this year.
Besides the futuristic wireless connectivity, the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G also has other killer features that outshine its ‘smaller’ brothers.
For starters, it has a bigger 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED screen and a quad-camera setup on the back. Having a large body also means that Samsung was able to cram in a bigger 4,500mAh battery on this thing.
It has the same configuration that the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus have, but with the addition of a 3D depth sensor. But unlike its brothers, Samsung is giving you an option to choose between an Exynos 9820 or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 processor.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM, Hybrid
- 6.7-inch WQHD+ Dynamic Super AMOLED display, 3040 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~502ppi
- 93.2% screen-to-body ratio, Always On Display, HDR+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Exynos 9820 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Mali-G76 MP12 / Adreno 630 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 10-megapixel + 8-megapixel dual front cameras, dual-pixel, AF, f/1.9
- 12-megapixel (OIS, f/1.5-2.4) + 16-megapixel (ultra wide) + 12-megapixel (OIS, telephoto) + 3D depth sensor quad rear cameras, LED flash
- HDR10 video recording
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Dolby Atmos, AKG stereo speakers
- 5G connectivity
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 74.1 x 157.6 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 175g, 198g (Ceramic)
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, Fast wireless charge 2.0
- Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is coming out in the market in the coming months. Official pricing is yet to be disclosed, but considering that it’s more premium than the Galaxy S10 Plus (Php55,99), we expect it to be priced higher.