Samsung’s latest device, the Galaxy F42 5G, have been introduced in India.
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is quite identical, both in design and specs, to the Galaxy Wide 5 that came out in South Korea a few weeks ago. It’s powered by the good ol’ MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset, which brings 5G connectivity to affordable smartphones like this.
We then have a 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD screen on the front, with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate, and a waterdrop notch on top of it for the selfie camera.
Samsung tried to reimagine the camera layout on this device, and the new look can be appreciated better on the Blue color.
The said camera glass houses the 64-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Like most midrange phones, it comes with a 5,000mAh battery with quite disappointing 15W charging. It ships with Android 11-based One UI 3.1.
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is available in India with 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB models for INR20,999 (around Php14,400) and INR22,999 (around Php15,700), respectively. Early buyers can get it with an INR3,000 discount.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Specs
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch TFT display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 400ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9mm
- Weight: 293g
- Colors: Matte Aqua, Matte Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W charging