Samsung joins the many brands to utilize the Dimensity 700 processor from MediaTek. That said, you already know the Galaxy Wide 5 is meant for the budget segment.
The Samsung Galaxy Wide 5 was introduced in South Korea as an exclusive to SK Telecom. Along with the Dimensity 700 processor are 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
Right on the front, there’s a 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS screen with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate. There’s a waterdrop notch for the selfie camera, and three shooters on the back with a unique layout and led by a 64-megapixel sensor.
Like most phones, it’s rigged with a 5,000mAh battery coupled with 15W fast charging.
The Samsung Galaxy Wide 5 retails for KRW450,000 (around Php19,200) in South Korea. Its release details in the Philippines are yet to be known, but you can check the Galaxy A22 5G instead, which is essentially the same for Php13,990.
Samsung Galaxy Wide 5 Specs
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD display
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9mm
- Weight: 203g
- Colors: Blue, White, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging