Samsung is betting on big batteries to make their budget phones interesting. That’s exactly what they’re doing with the new Samsung Galaxy F62.
The Samsung Galaxy F62 boasts a 7,000mAh battery, which we also saw on the Galaxy M51. It’s paired with a relatively slow 25W charger.
Going along with it is an equally enormous 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED Plus display, with an Infinity-O punch-hole for the selfie camera.
Under the hood, it’s powered by an Exynos 9825 processor, a powerful chipset initially found on the Galaxy Note 10 series. It’s paired with either 6GB and 8GB of RAM or 128GB of expandable storage.
We then have a new design on the back — at least for a Galaxy A device. It has a Laser Gradient look that’s available in Green, Grey, and Blue. But having an enormous battery, it’s unsurprisingly thick at 9.5mm.
Moreover, the Galaxy F62 runs on the latest Android 11-based OneUI 3.1 and has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Samsung Galaxy F62 has a price of INR23,999 (around Php15,900) for the 6GB/128GB and INR25,999 (around Php17,300) for the 8GB/128GB model. It will be initially available in India while its release in markets like the Philippines are yet to be known.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Specs
- Android 11, Samsung One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM, Dual stand-by
- 6.7-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Plus display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 393ppi
- 2.73GHz Exynos 9825 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G76 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 12-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 5-megapixel (macro) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Knox Security
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 76.3 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 218g
- Colors: Laser Green, Laser Blue, Laser Gray
- 7,000mAh non-removable battery, 25W charger