Samsung announces the Galaxy M34, an addition to the brand’s bang-for-the-buck line-up. What makes it interesting is, just like some of its cousins, it will get 4 major Android OS upgrades and 5 years of security patches.
The Samsung Galaxy M34 is powered by an Exynos 1280 octa-core processor, which has 128GB of storage, and an option between 6GB and 8GB of RAM.
On the front, we have a beefy 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with a smooth 120Hz refresh rate. It has Always-On Display (AOD) functionality and is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
Compared to its predecessor, the 2023 model now have optical image stabilization (OIS) for the 50-megapixel main camera, a sharper 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens (from 5-megapixel), and a better 13-megapixel selfie camera (from 8-megapixel).
Of course, there’s the signature 6000mAh battery to the Galaxy M series. But just like most Samsung phones, the charging speed is capped at 25W.
The Samsung Galaxy M34 has an SRP of INR16,999 (~Php11,400) and INR18,999 (~Php12,800) in India for the 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB models, respectively. Samsung Philippines is yet to announce if they’ll bring it in the country.
Samsung Galaxy M34 Specs
- Android 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, 396ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 1000-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.4GHz Exynos 1280 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G68 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Headphone jack
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Waterfall Blue, Prism Silver
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 25W wired charging