Samsung just introduced the Galaxy M53, an addition to its budget-centric line-up.
The Samsung Galaxy M53 is essentially a cheaper version of the Galaxy A73. Only this time, it’s powered by a Dimensity 900 instead of Snapdragon 778G, lacks OIS, and has a lower-resolution 8-megapixel main camera.
Everything else is the same. We still have a large and speedy 6.7-inch 120Hz display with a fancy Super AMOLED Plus panel. Albeit, it now has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner instead of an in-display one.
Although it now lacks optical stabilization, it still comes with a sharp 108-megapixel sensor. The 5,000mAh battery with 25W charging was also kept.
SEE ALSO: 5G smartphones in the Philippines
Sadly, the official price and release details for the Samsung Galaxy M53 5G are yet to be announced, so stay tuned for that.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G Specs
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 394ppi
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G68 MC4
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 108-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Loudspeaker, No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 77 x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 176g
- Colors: Brown, Blue, Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 25W fast charging