After all the naming mumbo-jumbo and tentative release dates, the Samsung Galaxy Note FE is finally available in the Philippines.
For a quick refresher, the Samsung Galaxy Note FE is essentially a refurbished Galaxy Note 7 — the smartphone that had a tragic history. The Galaxy Note FE, which stands for ‘Fan Edition”, is for those who are still into the Note 7 despite its horrible past.
The Galaxy Note FE’s hardware is still pretty much the same as the old Note 7. Only this time, they are now using a different and smaller battery, which was the culprit behind the Note 7 fiasco. The Note FE now only has a 3200mAh, down from the 3500mAh battery found on the Note 7.
The device has also gone through Samsung’s new 8-Point Battery Safety Check, which was developed to ensure that no more exploding batteries in the future.
Samsung Galaxy Note FE Specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Single SIM / Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Display, ~518 ppi
- 2.3GHz Exynos 8890 CPU
- Mali-T880 MP12
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- 4G, LTE
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/.7, auto HDR, dual video call
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC, Bluetooth v4.2
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner
- Iris scanner
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 167g
- Colors: Black Onyx, Blue Coral, Silver Titanium, Gold Platinum
- 3200mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
A Facebook post from Memoxpress suggests that the device is now available in their stores nationwide. A commenter on the said post also confirms that the Samsung Galaxy Note FE is available in Samsung’s concept stores for Php32,990.