Samsung recently introduced the Galaxy S20 FE, an upgraded version of their flagship line-up.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE will come in two variants. There’s 4G only-model that’s powered by an Exynos 990 processor, while the 5G variant comes with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset.
Samsung also used a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, which is a bit smaller than the Galaxy S20 Plus (6.7-inches) but bigger than the vanilla S20 (6.2-inches). What’s interesting is, it does come with a smooth 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ certification.
The camera layout on the back is similar to the latest Galaxy Note 20 series. It uses the 12-megapixel main sensor of the Galaxy S20, which is accompanied by an 8-megapixel telephoto lens that can do 3x optical and 30X Space Zoom, and has optical stabilization. Another 12-megapixel sensor is sitting behind an ultra-wide lens.
For taking selfies, there’s a sharp 32-megapixel sensor peeking from a punch-hole on the screen.
Keeping the lights on is a 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging support. However, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE oddly only comes with a 15W power adapter. It’s also available in tons of new colors, which you can check in the specs list below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Specs
- Android 10, Samsung One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~405ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 5G model: 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor, Adreno 650 GPU
- 4G-only model: 2.7GHz Exynos 990 octa-core processor, Mali-G77 MP11
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 32-megapixel front camera, AF, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (telephoto, f/2.0, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical, 30X Space Zoom) + 12-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) rear cameras
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- 4G LTE
- 5G (select models)
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 74.5 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Cloud Lavander, Cloud Mint, Cloud White, Cloud Navy, Cloud Red, Cloud Orange
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 15W charger, Reverse charging
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G has a starting price of USD699 (around Php33,900). Its expected to arrive in the Philippines on October.