Samsung has just launched three new devices in its flagship line. One of them is the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
We went on detail about the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20 Ultra on separate articles. Here, we’re focusing on the middle child, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
Just like the other three, the Plus model is powered by the latest Exynos 990 processor from Samsung. But as usual, select markets like the United States will get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 model.
It’s bundled with either 8GB or 12GB of fast LPDDR5 RAM, and an option between 128GB or 512GB of internal storage. You can throw in a microSD card to increase the storage by up to 1TB.
Finally, Samsung included a fast 120Hz refresh rate screen on its flagship devices. The one on the Galaxy S20 Plus spans at 6.7-inches, with a Dynamic AMOLED panel that has HDR10+ support and a QHD+ pixel resolution.
But unlike its predecessor, there’s only a single 10-megapixel selfie camera on the top of the screen. It’s placed in the middle, just like what we saw on the Galaxy Note 10.
Of course, we also have the new square camera design on the back. It houses a 12-megapixel primary camera, 12-megapixel ultra-wide, ToF depth sensor, and a whopping 64-megapixel telephoto shooter that enables its Super Resolution zoom of up to 30x.
The unit that we’ll be getting here in the Philippines will only have 4G LTE, although we expected to get 5G. As it turns out, that new technology is reserved for the more premium Galaxy S20 Ultra.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Specs
- Android 10, Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED display, 3040 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~525ppi
- HDR 10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.7GHz Exynos 990 octa-core processor, Mali-G77 MP11 GPU (international)
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor, Adreno 650 GPU (select markets)
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/512GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 10-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 12-megapixel (180-degree ultra-wide) + 64-megapixel (f/2.0, 30x hybrid zoom) + ToF rear cameras, LED flash
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Ultra-sonic fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- 4G LTE, 5G sub-6 (select markets)
- WiFi 802.11 ab/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band
- Dolby Atmos, AKG stereo speakers
- GPS, A-GPS
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Wireless PowerShare
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.7 x 8mm
- Weight: 186g
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, Fast wireless charging 2.0
The Galaxy S20 series will be available in the Philippines in the Philippines on March 6, 2020. However, pre-orders will already start on February 12 to 25, 2020. The best part is, pre-order units of the Plus and Ultra models will come with a FREE Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus true-wireless earphones.
You can get the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus in the Philippines with a price of Php55,990. It comes with 8GB/128GB storage.