The Galaxy S20 series is finally here. And here, we will talk about the vanilla Samsung Galaxy S20.
It’s the baby brother of the Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra. The Samsung Galaxy S20 has a smaller 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED screen. On the upside, it still has a QHD+ resolution, HDR10+ support, and an ultra-fast 120Hz refresh rate.
The fast refresh rate will help the Galaxy S20 flex its powerful processor even more. It sports Samsung’s own Exynos 990 processor. But as per usual, the people in the United States will be getting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 variant.
You can get the Samsung Galaxy S20 with either 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. Although it’s only available in 128GB of internal storage, which is thankfully upgradeable up to 1TB if you want to use a microSD card.
The Galaxy S20 shares the same camera setup that the Plus model has. We have a 12-megapixel primary shooter, 12-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 64-megapixel telephoto lens that can provide up to 30x of ‘Super Resolution Zoom’. All are crammed inside a rectangular camera bump on the back.
One of the series’ biggest anticipated features is the inclusion of 5G connectivity, which will make devices like the Samsung Galaxy S20 series futureproof. But in the Philippines, only the Galaxy S20 Ultra has 5G and it’s not yet enabled as of the moment.
The rest of the features are a bit standard. We have the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, a 4,000mAh battery, fast wireless charging support, and reverse wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Specs
- Android 10, Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED display, 3040 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~563ppi
- HDR 10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.7GHz Exynos 990 octa-core processor, Mali-G77 MP11 GPU (international)
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor, Adreno 650 GPU (US)
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 10-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 12-megapixel (180-degree ultra-wide) + 64-megapixel (f/2.0, 30x hybrid zoom) rear cameras, LED flash
- Ultra-sonic fingerprint scanner
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- 4G LTE, 5G sub-6
- WiFi 802.11 ab/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Dolby Atmos, AKG stereo speakers
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Wireless PowerSHare
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, Fast wireless charging 2.0
The Samsung Galaxy S20 will be available in the Philippines on March 6, 2020.
Samsung’s local arm is expected to announce the official pricing and availability of the Galaxy S20 a few moments from now, so make sure you go back to this article for more information.
UPDATE: Price is Php49,990 for the 8GB/128GB model.