While everyone is waiting for the Neo version of the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung went ahead and announced a new version of the venerable Galaxy S3 in China.
Named the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+, it’s the Dual SIM budget version of the original. Aesthetically and dimensionally similar to the S3, it comes with the following specs:
Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ Specs:
- 4.8″ Super AMOLED display, 720p resolution 306 ppi
- 1.4GHz quad-core CPU, unspecified GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, expandable via microSD
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, unspecified front camera
- Dual SIM (3G + GSM), dual standby
- 2100 mAh removable battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
While announced to have a quad-core processor, it wasn’t specified whether it will be the aging Exynos version, or the Snapdragon 400. The supported WCDMA networks bands include 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, while on GSM, they’re 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
Pricing and availability are unfortunately unknown, though it may be launched in the Chinese market first before landing in other territories.
[Source: GSM Arena]