Sony has another android phone coming in the Philippines this month. Sony Xperia Miro, a mid-range level smartphone that’s just above the Xperia Tipo, is almost identical to the latter but it has some slightly improved specs. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that you would expect from a mid-range phone instead it only has limited features.
Sony Xperia Miro will only sport a 800MHz processor which is really odd considering its relatively fair price tag. In today’s competition, this should carry a 1GHz processor. It will have a 512MB of RAM which is a standard by now. The Xperia Tipo, which is priced at Php7,690, also has this internals so this is somehow confusing.
Let’s go to the upgrades. The Xperia Miro will have a larger 3.5-inch screen(against 3.2-inches) with the same 320×480 pixel resolution. It will also have a larger 1.5GB of data storage from Sony Xperia Tipo’s 2.5GB. Furthermore, another notable improvement is the 5-megapixel camera from the 3.2-megapixel camera.
Sony Xperia Miro Specifications
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 3.5-inch Scratch-resistant glass display with 320 x 480 resolution
- 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7225A Cortex-A5 processor
- Adreno 200 GPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD)
- 5MP auto focus camera with LED flash, 2592 x 1944 pixels
- VGA front camera
- HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- WiFi, WiFi Hotspot
- Bluetooth v2.1, microUSB 2.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- DLNA Certified
- FM Radio with RDS
- Sony xLoud
- Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery