Sony just announced their second tablet called as Sony Xperia Tablet S. This new tablet inherits its predecessor’s screen resolution of 1280×800 and is housed in a 9.4-inch display. However, this Xperia Tablet S has tons of new improvements like the Tegra 3 chip and the thinner body. Lets discuss the Xperia Tablet S details below.
Sony Xperia Tablet S will have a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Of course, we do expect a Jelly Bean update soon. It also features a 1GB of RAM and three options for internal storage – a 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. If you’re short in budget, don’t worry as it all has support for a microSD card to expand the memory. Another option is to choose the Google Nexus 7 which is the cheapest tablet with high-end specs.
Introduction Video to the Sony Xperia Tablet S
Other highlights include a 8MP rear camera shooter, 1MP front-camera, and a large 6000mAh battery capacity. Sony claims that the Sony Xperia Tablet S can last for 10 hours of usage.
Sony Xperia Tablet S Specs
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 9.4-inch Capacitive touchscreen with 1280×800 pixels, 16M colors
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A9
- ULP GeForce GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal storage (expandable via microSD)
- 8MP autofocus camera, 3264×2448 pixels
- 1MP front camera
- 1080p HD video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, 3G (3G models)
- Bluetooth v2.1, microUSB v2.0
- SD and HDMI Out Slots
- IR Emitter (Universal TV Remote Control)
- Preloaded Apps (Video & Music, PlayMemories 5GB Cloud Storage, PlayStation Mobile)
- Li-Ion 6000 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia Tablet S price was still unknown as of now but I’ll update this post as soon as I get more details.