Sony has unveiled the next installment to their ‘compact’ Android phone series, the Xperia X Compact.
The Sony Xperia X Compact inherited the 4.6-inch display size and resolution of the last Z Compact smartphone. Despite Sony‘s long reputation of having water resistance feature, the company ditched it this time around and focused on giving much better hardware inside. It features a hexa-core Snapdragon chipset, 3GB of RAM, Cat 4LTE support, and Adreno 510 GPU.
Sony Xperia X Compact Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Single Nano SIM
- 4.6-inch HD Triluminos display, 1280×720 pixel resolution, ~319ppi
- 1.8GHz Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650
- Adreno 510
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- LTE Cat 4
- WiFi b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 23-megapixel 1/2.3” Exmor RS rear camera with triple image sensing technology, predictive hybrid autofocus
- 5-megapixel 1/3.06” Exmor RS f/2.0 front facing camera
- High-Resolution Audio
- Bluetooth 4.2, A-GNSS
- DLNA Certified
- Fingerprint scanner
- 129 x 65 x 9.5 mm
- 2700mAh battery
The Sony Xperia X Compact will be available in universe black, white, and mist blue colors. It will be released later this month in key markets. We’ll update this post for additional details as we get them.