We’re currently living in extraordinary times, and at least one smartphone company is addressing that. You may haven’t heard of them, but UMIDIGI is a China-based smartphone brand, and they released the first smartphone with a thermometer.
The UMIDIGI A9 features a digital infrared thermometer placed on the same glass the triple cameras are sitting in. There’s even a dedicated button on the side that instantly launches the thermometer app, or have it reprogrammed for the Push-to-Talk or other most-used apps.
Other than that, everything about the A9 is pretty standard for a budget smartphone. There’s a 6.53-inch HD+ screen on the front, a MediaTek Helio G25 processor on the inside, a large 5,150mAh battery, and, thankfully, a USB Type-C port.
The AI Thermometer is joined by the 13-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. We also have the fingerprint scanner back here.
As of writing, it’s only available in China. The UMIDIG A9 retails for USD199.98 (around Php9,600) in AliExpress.
UMIDIGI A9 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.53-inch HD+ display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 268ppi
- 2GHz MediaTek Helio G25 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Digital Infrared Thermometer, Dedicated button (programmable)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 77.14 x 9.45mm
- Weight: 204g
- Colors: Peacock Green, Sky Blue, Granite Grey
- 5,150mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging