It’s finally official. Vivo has unveiled their most powerful, and possibly the most reasonably priced smartphone to date, the Vivo iQOO.
The Vivo iQOO is poised to be a gaming smartphone without looking like one. Inside its sleek body is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, with up to 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of expandable storage.
It’s being cooled by what Vivo calls as ‘super liquid cooling’ and will come with tons of software-level performance optimizations like AI Turbo, Game Turbo, Cooling Turbo, Center Turbo, and Net Turbo. The device also has air triggers on the top for better shooter controls.
Another major feat that the Vivo iQOO has is its 44W fast-charging technology. Vivo claims that it can give a 50% charge in its 4,000mAh in just 15-minutes, and a full charge will only take 45-minutes.
The iQOO will also have a 6.41-inch AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint scanner, a 12-megapixel camera for selfies, and a tripe-camera setup on the back.
Vivo iQOO Specs
- Android 9 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.41-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Vapor liquid cooling
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (dual-pixel PDAF, f/1.8, 1/2.55″) + 13-megapixel ultra-wide + 2-megapixel depth-sensor triple rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.7 x 75.2 x 8.5mm
- Colors: Optic Blue, Lava Orange
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast-charging
The Vivo iQOO will be available in China starting March 6. The 6GB/128GB model will retail for CNY2,998 (~Php23,200) the 8GB/128GB one for CNY3,298 (~Php25,500), 8GB/256GB for CNY3,598 (~Php27,800), and lastly, the 12GB/256GB variant for CNY4,298 (~Php33,300).
It’s not clear just yet if it’s going to be released in the Philippines. But considering how interesting it is, it would be a shame if it doesn’t get here.