It looks like Vivo is running out of ways on naming their devices. Here we have the brand new Vivo V17.
No, this is not the V17 that was launched in Russia back in November. The new Vivo V17 was launched in India and comes with updated processor and a new L-shaped camera on the back.
The cameras on the back consist of the usuals. We have the 48-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, 2-megapixel macro, and a depth-sensor.
It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor, with a generous 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
Another highlight of the new Vivo V17 is its 6.44-inch FHD+ OLED screen, with a punch-hole on the top left that houses the 32-megapixel selfie camera. This makes for an almost bezel-less design that doesn’t only look good, but also contributes to the device’s smaller footprint.
As a cherry on top, the new V17 has a large 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast-charging support.
The new Vivo V17 is available in India for INR22,990 (~Php16,400). It’s arrival in the Philippines is yet to be announced. Alternatively, you can check out our full review of the Vivo V17 Pro, which is available in the Philippines for Php12,999.
Vivo V17 (India) Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Funtouch OS 9.2
- Dual SIM
- 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~408ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.4
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor), PDAF, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.01 x 74.17 x 8.54mm
- Weight: 176g
- Colors: Midnight Ocean, Glacier Ice
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support