After several teasers, Vivo has finally made the V7 official.
In an event in SM City Bacolod today, the company took the wraps off the little brother of the V7+ with the help of its influencers, Boy Band PH.
In accordance to the previous rumors, the Vivo V7 sports a slightly smaller screen of 5.7-inch with the same HD+ resolution and 18:9 FullView display. Compared to the traditional 16:9 aspect ratio, the device has 12.5% more visual area which basically means that more content can be seen on the screen for better reading, gaming, and media consumption.
The battery has been downgraded as well, probably because there’s less space available due to the screen and body reduction. Even though it’s more affordable, Vivo still equipped the handset with the same 24-megapixel front-facing shooter to capture clear selfies.
When it comes to software features, the Vivo V7 also has some tricks like the App Clone which lets you run two instances of an app together and the Smart Split screen that quickly brings up the split screen mode.
Vivo V7 Specs
- Android 7.1 Nougat with Funtouch OS 3.2
- Dual Nano SIM, Dual standby
- 5.7-inch IPS capacitive HD+ 18:9 FullView display, 1440×720 pixel resolution
- 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- Expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- 16-megapixel main camera with PDAF, f/2.0, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 24-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 4G LTE
- Bluetooth v4.2
- microUSB 2.0, OTG-support
- GPS, A-GPS
- Colors: Gold, Black
- 3,000mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
The Vivo V7 will be available this weekend with a price tag of Php14,990. To be honest, the differences with its sibling are very minimal that if you’re going to ask me between it and the V7 Plus (read our review), I’d rather pick the V7 and keep the Php3,000.