The Vivo V9 has been in the market for a couple of months now. But the company is trying to refresh it a little as they announce an upgraded version of it.
In Indonesia, the company launched the new Vivo V9 6GB variant. It has 2GB more memory than the first model, which only has 4GB of RAM.
What’s more interesting is, the chipset itself has also been upgraded. The new Vivo V9 now sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor — a far better chip than the Snapdragon 626 found on the previous version.
But other than those few, but really significant updates, it is still the same Vivo V9 that we had before. It sports a 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS display, with a tall 19:9 aspect ratio that was made possible by is display notch on top.
It also has a 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual camera, and a 25-megapixel one on the front for selfies. In our full review of this device, we praised its photography prowess, which we expect to be the same in this new variant.
The device also runs on an Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, couple with Vivo’s FunTouch OS 4.0. There’s also a 3260mAh battery inside to juice it up.
Vivo V9 6GB Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FuntouchOS 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~400ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 24-megapixel front camera
- 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, f/2.0, LED flash
- AI Face Beauty, Gender Detection, Slow Motion
- Fingerprint scanner, Facial recognition
- 4G LTE
- WiFi dual-band, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, A-GPS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colors: Pearl Black, Gold
- 3,260mAh non-removable battery