vivo has introduced its second foldable phone, the vivo X Fold Plus.
The vivo X Fold Plus has a lot of similarities to the first X Fold, but with a couple of key improvements. For starters, it is now powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, which claims to be 30% more power efficient while offering 10% faster performance.
This new model also boasts a slightly bigger 4,730mAh battery, versus its predecessors’ 4,600mAh. The charging speed has also been increased to 80W from 66W. vivo claims a full charge will only take 35 minutes. 50W fast wireless charging is also onboard.
Also new is this distinct Huaxia Red color option that uses a faux leather material that provides a premium look and texture feel.
Other than those, everything else is the same. It has a Galaxy Z Fold-like form factor that features an 8-inch LTPO foldable main display, with an adaptive 120Hz refresh rate, and is protected by Ultra Thin Glass (UTG).
The cover display is at 6.53-inches and just like the main screen, it has its own ultrasonic fingerprint scanner.
It has a pretty robust hinge so you can use the device in different orientations, use it like a laptop, or frame your selfies or video calls better.
The device has one camera for each of the screens. While on the back, there’s a 50-megapixel GN5 main shooter with OIS. It is joined by a sharp 48-megapixel ultra-wide shooter, 12-megapixel with a 47mm-equivalent lens for portraits, and lastly, an 8-megapixel periscope-style glass that offers 5x optical zoom.
Those who are in China can get the vivo X Fold Plus starting September 29. It is available in two models: 12GB/256GB for CNY9,999 (around Php82,300) and 12GB/512GB for CNY10,999 (around Php90,500). No word yet if it’s coming to the Philippines and other markets.
vivo X Fold Plus Specs
- Android 12, Origin OS Ocean
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 8.03-inch LTPO AMOLED display, 2160 x 1916 pixel resolution, 360ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- 6.53-inch AMOLED cover display, 2520 x 1080 pixel resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB/512GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, dual-pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS) + 48-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (5x periscope zoom) rear cameras, LED flash
- 2x ultrasonic fingerprint scanners
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 144.9 x 6.3mm
- Weight: 311g
- Colors: Huaxia Red, Blue, Black
- 4,730mAh non-removable battery, 80W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging