Vivo finally joined in and launched its first foldable phone, the Vivo X Fold.
The Vivo X Fold comes with a Galaxy Z Fold-like design with is 6.53-inch outer AMOLED screen and the main highlight, the inner 8-inch foldable display.
As you might expect, the main display has all the bells and whistles you’d see from a device this fancy. In fact, it got a DisplayMate A+ recommendation.
Also, unlike other foldable, the X Fold has two ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanners for each screen instead of a single side-mounted one. The display is protected by SCHOTT UTG (ultra thin glass), similar to what Samsung uses.
Weather you’re using it in full tablet mode or have it lay like a laptop at a 60 or 120-degree angle, the hinge holds up as it’s made of aircraft-grade material.
To take advantage of the form factor, you can run two apps side-by-side on the bigger display. You can add another one in a form of a floating window. The camera viewfinder also cuts in half if you’re shooting in 90-degree mode, perfect if you don’t have a tripod.
Thanks to ZEISS, the cameras are quite interesting, too. The large island on the back holds four shooters: there’s a 50-megapixel optically stabilized 1/1.57-inch GN5 sensor from Samsung, 8-megapixel with periscope-style telephoto that can do up to 60x zoom, 12-megapixels with 2x zoom for portraits, and a sharp 48-megapixel ultra-wide lens.
Each screen will also get its own selfie camera.
The rest of the specs compliments the hardware. It’s powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, which is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful chipset in the market today.
It’s joined by a generous 12GB of RAM for all your multitasking needs, a 4,600mAh battery, 66W wired charging, and 50W fast wireless charging.
SEE ALSO: 5G smartphones in the Philippines
China will get the first dibs on the Vivo X Fold for a price of CNY8,999 (around Php73,700). Release details in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be revealed.
Vivo X Fold Specs
- Android 12, OriginOS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 8-inch LTP 2.0 AMOLED display, 2160 x 1916 pixel resolution, 360ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- 6.53-inch AMOLED cover display, 2520 x 1080 pixel resolution, 419ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, E5
- 3.00GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- 12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front and cover cameras
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, 1/1.57″GN5, OIS) + 48-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (periscope, 5x telephoto) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto) rear cameras, ZEISS optics, dual-LED flash
- 2x ultrasonic under-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 144.9 x 6.3mm (unfolded)
- Weight: 311g
- Colors: Black, Blue
- 4,600mAh non-removable battery, 66W wired charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging