Vivo has officially introduced the newest member of their flagship X-series — the Vivo X23.
The smartphone line-up which started the in-display fingerprint scanner trend is getting huge upgrades. It’s got a new Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 AIE processor together with Adreno 615 GPU and a large 8GB of RAM.
Design-wise, it looks very identical to the recently announced V11 which also has the halo notch. But unlike its little sibling, the Vivo X23 has a 3D glass body instead of plastic. Since it has more space to work with and thinner 1.76mm bezels on the sides, Vivo was able to increase the screen-to-body ratio of the X23 to 91.27% — one of the highest in the world.
The dual rear camera setup of the Vivo X23 consisting of 12-megapixel and 13-megapixel shooters are a welcome upgrade as well. Those who like taking selfies can use the 12-megapixel front-facing camera, equipped with new software features like Vivo’s funmoji and stickers.
Since we are way past the initial phase, the in-display fingerprint sensor has now improved in terms of speed. Vivo’s 4th generation in-display fingerprint scanner can unlock the phone in as fast as 0.35 seconds, which is only a few milliseconds slower than traditional sensors.
Vivo X23 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouchOS 4.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.41-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 display, 2340 x 1080 pixels, ~402ppi
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 10nm octa-core processor
- Adreno 615 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Wi-Fi hotspot
- HSPA+, 4G, Dual VoLTE
- 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture + secondary 13-megapixel camera with 125° wide-angle lens
- 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- AK-4377A amplifier
- Bluetooth 5 LE
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 157.68 × 74.06 × 7.47mm
- Weight: 160.5g
- Colors: Phantom Red, Midnight Blue, Phantom Purple, Fashion Orange, Fashion Purple
- 3,400mAh battery with fast charging
The Vivo X23 has a price tag of CNY 3,498 or approximately Php27,600 when converted to Philippine peso. It will be available beginning the 14th of September.