Vivo’s latest superstar, the X60 Pro Plus, has been announced. It has all the top specs you’d want to see on a 2021 smartphone, plus more.
The Vivo X60 Pro Plus parade of specs starts with the new and powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. Plus, a fast and colorful 6.56-inch OLED screen at 120Hz refresh rate and a 4,200mAh battery with 55W fast charging.
What we’re excited to see are the cameras. If you remember, the X50 Pro made the headlines thanks to its gimbal-like stabilization. On the X60 Pro Plus, the ludicrous stabilization is swapped with regular OIS to make room for a large 1/1.3-inch ISOCELL GN1 sensor from Samsung.
What’s more, it has a whopping f/1.57 aperture for brighter images, even in low-light.
Mind you, though, the gimbal stabilization is not entirely gone, as it’s now present on the 48-megapixel ultra-wide camera, which makes more sense for shooting videos.
Of course, it won’t be a real flagship without the 8-megapixel periscope-style camera that can do up to 5x optical and 60x digital zoom. There’s also a 32-megapixel 2x telephoto lens with a 50mm lens equivalent that’s great for portraits.
The ZEISS logo is here for a reason. It has a T* anti-reflective coating for both sides of the lens. Plus, a nano-crystalline structure, a first on a smartphone.
Lastly, we have a 32-megapixel selfie camera on the front, placed cleanly on a punch-hole in the middle, creating an ultra-thin and uniform bezel.
The Vivo X60 Pro Plus has a price of CNY4,999 (around Php37,200) for the 8GB/128GB, while the 12GB/256GB is at CNY5,999 (around Php44,600). It will be initially available in China with pre-orders starting on January 30. Meanwhile, its release in the Philippines, alongside the X60 and X60 Pro, are yet to be announced.
Vivo X60 Pro Plus Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.56-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2376 x 1080 pixel resolution, 398ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling
- 1300-nits, P3, HDR10+, 6,000,0000:1 contrast ratio
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable storage
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.56, 1/1.31″, dual-pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS) + 8-megapixel (periscope, f/3.4m OIS, 5x optical, 60x digital) + 32-megapixel (2x optical, PDAF) + 48-megapixel (ultra-wide, gimbal stabilization) rear cameras, ZEISS optics, dual-LED flash
- up to [email protected]
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS, NavIC
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 73.4 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 190.6g
- Colors: Classic Orange, Phantom Blue
- 4,2000mAh non-removable battery, 55W fast charging