Vivo Philippines hasn’t come out with an entry-level smartphone in a while. But now, the company has revealed a new contender in this price category by launching the Vivo Y12.
The Vivo Y12, which was announced back in June, features a gigantic 5,000mAh non-removable battery. This shall provide great longevity since it will only be powering a 6.35-inch HD+ screen and a MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor.
Alongside the processor, the Y12 has 3GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. It ships with Android 9 Pie and Vivo’s FunTouch 9 interface on top.
Surprisingly, Vivo was able to cram in three cameras on the back. There’s the 13-megapixel primary shooter, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and the usual 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The Vivo Y12 will have a retail price of Php7,999 in the Philippines. You can pre-order it on September 21-27, 2019 and get a free Vivo umbrella.
Vivo Y12 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, FunTouch 9
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.35-inch HD+ IPS Display, 1544 x 720 resolution, ~268ppi
- 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 CPU
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/1.8
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3G, 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 190.5g
- Colors: Aqua Blue, Burgundy Red
- 5,000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery