After the successful release of the Vivo X23, the company has announced another midrange smartphone — the Vivo Y97.
Similar to the new Vivo V11, the Y97 features new color options including Dream Powder, Starry Night Black, and Aurora Blue. It has an all-glass exterior build and a 3D micro-arc which helps in giving a better grip of the device.
The Vivo Y97 has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen that comes with a Halo notch and 90.3% screen-to-body ratio. On the inside, it’s quite similar to the V11i configuration as it consists of 4GB RAM, 128GB onboard storage, and an octa-core Helio P60 chipset.
Although most of its hardware resembles the V-series, the camera department is a different story. Vivo Y97 is equipped with a 16-megapixel selfie shooter and 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras for more serious photography. All cameras are assisted by AI to take better shots and add creative effects with stickers and AR backgrounds.
Vivo Y97 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution,
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 + 2-megapixel f/2.4 dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera f/2.0
- USB OTG
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Colors: Auroroa Blue, Dream Powder, Starry Night Black
- Dimensions: 155.97 x 75.63 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- 3,315mAh non-removable battery
The Vivo Y97 price in China is CNY 1,998 (~$291) which is equivalent to around Php15,600 when converted to Philippine peso. Official pricing and availability in the Philippines is currently unknown.