WIKO just released a brand-new 5G smartphone and if it looks familiar, that’s because it’s a rebranded HUAWEI Nova 9 SE.
As per WIKO, they are now licensed to release HUAWEI-made phones that have been slapped with their own branding. Hence, we have the WIKO 5G.
The new device enjoys one big feature that the Nova 9 SE can’t have due to US restrictions: 5G connectivity. This partnership shall also help HUAWEI make up for the sales they can’t have due to this one big missing feature.
That said, the new WIKO device has the same design as the HUAWEI midranger, only with the French brand’s name slapped on it. It also has the same set of specs: 90Hz 6.78-inch display, 108-megapixel main camera, 66W fast charging, and a 4,000mAh battery. Since it’s launching in China, it runs on HUAWEI’s HarmonyOS.
The WIKO 5G may arrive in the Philippines sometime in 2023. To give you an idea, the Nova 9 SE already retails for Php13,999 in the country.
WIKO 5G Specs
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.78-inch FHD+ IPS TFT display, 2388 x 1080 pixel resolution, 386ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 270Hz touch sampling
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 108-megapixel (f/1.9) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.64 x 75.55 x 7.94mm
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Pearl White, Crystal Blue
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 66W fast charging