Xiaomi has released its flagship 12 series. There are three members on this line, one of them is the 12X.
The Xiaomi 12X is the cheaper alternative to the 12 and 12 Pro models. Unlike the first two, this one doesn’t get to have the top-tier Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip. Instead, it still uses a powerful Snapdragon 870 processor, a flagship CPU from the previous generation.
Other than that, everything else looks identical to the vanilla Xiaomi 12. It has a compact 6.28-inch screen, with a vibrant AMOLED panel that refreshes at 120Hz. It also has the same 4,500mAh battery with 67W charging but lacks wireless charging that its more expensive siblings have.
On the back, we have a 50-megapixel IMX766 main sensor, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and 5-megapixel telephoto/macro lens.
The Xiaomi 12X has a starting price of CNY3,199 (around Php25,600) for the 8GB/128GB variant, CNY3,499 (around Php27,900) for the 8GB/256GB, while the top-of-the-line 12GB/256GB model is at CNY3,799 (around Php30,400). Release details in the international market, especially in the Philippines, are yet to be announced.
Xiaomi 12X Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.28-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 419ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision
- 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF, OIS) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 5-megapixel (telephoto/macro) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, Harman Kardon
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFI 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 176g
- Colors: Pink, Blue, Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 67W fast charging