Xiaomi Mi 8, the most affordable Snapdragon 845-powered smartphone, is coming to the Philippines.
Along with the local launch of the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A, Xiaomi also announced the pricing for the two versions of the Mi 8. For the 6GB RAM and 64GB variant, the price is Php25,990. Meanwhile, those who want more built-in storage would need to pay Php2,000 more amounting to Php27,990 for the 6GB + 128GB model.
But what’s so special about the Mi 8? Well, if you haven’t been following the news, it’s basically a flagship caliber smartphone at a fraction of the price. When compared to other popular manufacturers like Samsung’s Galaxy S9, Xiaomi’s offering is almost 45% cheaper. Of course, it’s not as good as the S9 in every step of the way but it’s good enough for most people who want top-of-the-line smartphone experience.
If you want to get your hands on the latest Mi flagship, get ready to prepare your wallet. The Xiaomi Mi 8 will be available on authorized Mi stores as well as official Xiaomi stores online beginning July 30, 2018.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano)
- 6.21-inch AMOLED 18.7:9 Display, 2248 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 256GB internal storage
- Dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi hotspot
- HSPA+, LTE
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.4 μm) + 12-megapixel (f/2.4) rear cameras, OIS, PDAF, LED flash
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, Beidou, Glonass
- Dimensions: 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- Colors: Gold, Black, White, Blue
- 3,400mAh non-removable battery, fast charging