Xiaomi has introduced another member of the Mi Pad series, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus.
Back in June, the company unveiled the Mi Pad 4, their comeback tablet as they weren’t able to follow through for a long while. Now, Xiaomi is going bigger with the launch of the Mi Pad 4 Plus.
With its 10.1-inch WUXGA screen, there’s no doubt that the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus is set to compete with Apple’s iPad. It has the necessary hardware to pull it off, but the Android ecosystem is still limiting for tablets even up to this day. The lack of tablet-optimized apps is really absurd, but we can’t blame developers for not wanting to create apps for it as literally nobody buys Android tablets these days.
Related: Xiaomi products in the Philippines
Hopefully, Xiaomi could ignite a tablet revolution in the Android space with the Mi Pad 4 Plus. On the hardware side, it is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon Artificial Intelligence Engine (AIE) chipset together with 4GB of RAM and Adreno 512 GPU.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus has plenty of storage with 128GB built-in, plus an equally huge 8,620mAh which should last for a day or two of heavy usage. For security purposes, Xiaomi decided to retain the fingerprint sensor despite having an AI face unlock feature.
Unlike other tablets, there’s no WiFi only version of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus. It also has a metal body which adds a premium feel to it.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI
- 10.1-inch WUXGA display, 16:10 aspect ratio,1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, ~224ppi
- 14nm octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable up 256GB via microSD
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- 13-megapixel rear OV13855 camera with f/2.0 aperture with LED flash
- 5-megapixel selfie Samsung S5K5E8 camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Bluetooth v5.0
- Fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 245.6 x 149.08 x 7.99mm
- Weight: 485g
- Colors: Gold, Black
- 8,620mAh non-removable battery
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus has a starting price of CNY 1,899 (~Php14,800) for the 64GB model. Meanwhile, the 128GB variant costs a little bit more at CNY 2,099 (~Php16,300). It will be available for purchase in China beginning the 16th of August.
The best tablet that is not from Apple, Mi Pad kills it.