Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus is a refresh of the four month old 3s.
Alright, we get it. Xiaomi wants to copy Samsung by releasing smartphone after smartphone. But it would be much better if they’re going to name them a little differently, right? Samsung may have a lot of Galaxy handsets but they’re distinguished by their name.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus is almost exactly like the Redmi 3S from four months ago, except with very little upgrades. While it’s a bit acceptable to add a Plus to the name, it’s common practice to only use the ‘Plus’ tag for larger devices. And this time, it’s of the same size.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus is offline exclusive offer though, which means it will not be sold online. It has been updated to base Android 6.0 Marshmallow but it still has the familiar MIUI on top.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, MIUI OS
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5-inch HD IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- 1.1GHz Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- 4G LTE
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Colors: Silver, Grey, Gold
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 144g
- 4100mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus costs INR 9,499 (~Php6,900) and it’s now available in India.