Xiaomi reveals the successor to their budget smartphone.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S improves upon the already well-rounded package of the Redmi 3. There’s still the 5-inch 720p display, housed in the familiar body of its predecessor. A circular fingerprint scanner is now located at the back of the device.
The Snapdragon 430 CPU is not a powerful chipset by any means, but it’s still better than the previous generation. In the camera department, it seems like Xiaomi didn’t change up anything. There’s the 13-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel camera in front.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Specs
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, MIUI OS
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5-inch HD IPS Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- 1.1GHz Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- 4G LTE
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Colors: Silver, Grey, Gold
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 144g
- 4100mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S will be offered in two variants, a 2GB RAM / 16GB storage and 3GB RAM / 32GB storage model. The base model will go for CNY 699 (~Php4,900) while the higher variant costs CNY 899 (~Php6,300).