Xiaomi is amusing their fans yet again with their new smartphone. Dubbed as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, the company aims to deliver yet another awesome bang-for-the-buck handset.
Launched in India today, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is well-equipped with features that could justify its price tag and then some — something that Xiaomi has been doing in their releases since day one.
As expected, the Redmi Note 5 features an 18:9 aspect ratio screen. It is a 5.99-inch IPS display with Full HD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The panel also has a 450nit maximum brightness and is safely covered and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 also looks premium and built like a tank. The smartphone has an aluminum unibody build with a tapered back cover.
Under the hood, there’s a Snapdragon 625 processor that serves as its main brain. However, it’s clearly not too exciting since it is the same chipset that powers some of its older devices. On the upside, you can get it in a 3GB/32GB or 4GB/64GB configurations.
The device will come with MIUI 9 software that was based on Android 7.0 Nougat. There’s also a quite substantial 4000mAh battery to juice it up.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM, hybrid
- 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~439ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card
- 8-megapixel front camera, LED flash
- 12-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, f/2.2, dual-tone flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.45 x 8.05mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Rose Gold
- 4000mAh battery, 5V/2A charging support
The XIaomi Redmi Note 5 is only currently available in India. The 32GB variant retails for a price of INR9,999 (around Php8,200), while the 64GB configuration is priced at INR11,999 (around Php9,800).