Xiaomi’s new killer budget-friendly smartphone has finally arrived in the Philippines. Meet the Xiaomi Redmi S2.
Announced earlier last month, the Xiaomi Redmi S2 might have just redefined the low-end market segment. As expected, this new Xiaomi device packs some pretty impressive features that you can almost never imagine on a budget device.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor which is way better than the chipsets that most smartphones in this price category have. It is backed with 3GB of RAM and a spacious 32GB of internal storage.
Xiaomi also equipped it with a large 5.99-inch HD+ 18:9 screen, without a display notch. What’s even more impressive is the set of cameras. On the front, there’s a 16-megapixel sensor for selfies, while at the back are 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel dual cameras for proper snaps.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9 on top — so you’re getting the best software that both Android and Xiaomi has to offer.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Nano format, Hybrid)
- 5.99-inch 18:9 HD+ display, 1440 x 720 pixel resolution
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras with LED flash
- 16-megapixel front camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- micro USB
- Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,080mAh Battery
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 will retail for a price of only Php7,990 and it will be available beginning June 4.