Xiaomi’s Redmi sub-brand is getting a new family member. Meet the new Xiaomi Redmi Y3, a midrange device aimed towards selfie lovers.
The key highlight feature of the Xiaomi Redmi Y3 is its 32-megapixel front-facing camera, which comes supplemented with features like Auto HDR, on-screen flash, portrait selfie, and 80-degree wide group selfies.
Similar to the Redmi 7, the Y3 will have a 12-megapixel primary shooter on the back that’s coupled by a 2-megapixel depth sensor. Xiaomi was also generous enough to throw in a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on this one.
All the specs head out there would also appreciate its Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor and its large 4,000mAh battery. It’s then available in 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB RAM and storage configurations.
The design is pretty much identical to its brothers like the Redmi Note 7. It has a ‘Dot Notch” on top of its 6.26-inch HD+ screen, and similar color gradient tones with the addition of the new ‘Aurora Prism Design’.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Specs
- 6.26-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~269ppi
- 86.83% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, AF, f/2.2, LED flash
- AI scene detection, AI Beautify
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 158.73 x 75.58 x 8.47mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Elegant Blue, Bold Red, Prime Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charger
The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 will be available in India starting April 30. The 3GB/32GB variant will retail for INR9,999 (~Php7,400) while the 4GB/64GB model will be at INR11,999 (~Php8,900).
Its release details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced. So stay tuned as we’ll be providing you with updates once they become available.