Just like all the other “X” branded smartphones in the market today, the new ZTE Nubia X also brings some interesting features on the table.
Let’s start right away and talk about the back-to-back displays that the ZTE Nubia X have. Right on the front, we have a large 6.26-inch FHD+ LCD screen with a seamless and notch-less edge-to-edge look like what we saw on the OPPO Find X.
So, where did ZTE hid the selfie camera? Well, there’s actually nothing to hide in the first place as it doesn’t technically have a front-facing camera. This is where the secondary 5.1-inch HD+ OLED screen on the back comes to use.
To take self-portraits, you’d be using its 24-megapixel and 16-megapixel dual cameras on the back, with the OLED panel serving as the preview screen.
Other than acting as a viewfinder, the secondary screen can also display animated wallpapers, custom signatures, and an analog clock, which actually gives you a variety of options to make the device look more unique.
And since it’s a touchscreen, the rear display can act as secondary controller buttons on select games. Clearly, ZTE had this feature well thought out.
Besides the two displays, the ZTE Nubia X also has two fingerprint scanners on each side. It may sound odd but it’s actually convenient if you’re using either left or right hand when unlocking the device.
The fingerprint sensors also work as navigation buttons to make them more useful.
Of course, ZTE has got the performance department completely locked-down on this feature-packed device. It’s powered by the trusty Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of onboard storage. It will ship with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with ZTE’s Nubia UI 6.0.2 interface on top.
ZTE Nubia X Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Nubia UI 6.0.2
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.2-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 19:9 aspect ratio, 93.6% screen-to-body ratio
- 5.1-inch HD+ OLED secondary display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~329ppi
- 2.8Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 16-megapixel (f/1.8) + 24-megapixel (f/1.7) dual rear cameras, PDAF, dual-tone flash
- AI scene detection
- Dual fingerprint scanners
- No headphone jack, adapter included
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 154 x 73 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 161g
- Colors: Sea Light Blue, Deep Gray, Black Gold
- 3,800mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The ZTE Nuba X will be available in China starting November 5. It will start at a price of CNY3,299 (~Php25,300) for the 6GB/64GB model, CNY3,699 (~Php28,400) for the 8GB/128GB variant, while the 8GB/256GB model will be at CNY4,199 (~Php32,200). There will then be a price premium of CNY100 (~Php800) for the special edition Sea Light Blue color variant.