ASUS has just announced a refresh to their ultra-thin gaming laptop line. The new ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX531 still comes with a powerful punch, but with a slimmer and more portable design.
Sporting NVIDIA’s Max-Q design, the new ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX531 has tons of new and powerful hardware crammed inside its sleek body. ASUS claims that this new machine is 12% thinner from the first model.
Another key improvement is its new Active Aerodynamic System (AAS). This new cooling system shrinks the cooling pipes, adds a fourth thermal exhaust, and uses a new Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) material for its 83-blade fans.
ASUS also upgraded the 15.6-inch 120Hz screen to faster 144Hz refresh rate. It also has thinner bezels for a more seamless look.
And to drive that display, you can get the new ROG Zephyrus S with either an NVIDIA GTX1060 or an NVIDIA GTX1070. Both configurations will come with an Intel 8th-generation Core i7 processor.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX531 Specs
- Windows 10 Home/Pro
- 15.6-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~141ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 3ms GtG response time
- 100% sRGB coverage
- Intel 8th-Gen Core i7-8750H processor
- up to 24GB DDR4 SDRAM, 2666MHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) / GTX 1070 (8GB) Max-Q GPU
- 256GB/512GB/1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
- 2x speaker, Smart Amplifier technology
- Array microphone
- WiFi 802.11 ac, 2×2
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.1 Type-C: 1x Gen-1, 1x Gen-2
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 2x USB 2.0
- HDMI 2.0, 3.5mm headphone/mic combo
- Dimensions: 160 x 268 x 14.95~15,75mm
- Weight: 2.1kg
- 4-cell 55Wh battery
The official price for the ASUS ROG Zephyrus S is yet to be announced. It’s expected to arrive sometime in November 2018.