The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) has opened its COVID-19 Emergency Loan program online to all members and pensioners nationwide. This loan scheme is open to all including those who live in areas which were not declared under a state of calamity.
It is important to note that the loan is covered by an insurance, thus, in case of a borrower’s demise, it will be considered fully paid.
How much is the loanable amount under the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
The fixed loanable amount is Php20,000. It is payable in three (3) years or thirty-six (36) equal monthly installments at a minimal interest rate of 6% per annum.
Who are qualified to apply for the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
All members in good standing are eligible to apply for the loan. However, those who fall under the following conditions are not allowed:
1. Members who are ‘on leave without pay’
2. Member who incurred delays in the payment of premiums,
3. Members with outstanding loans equivalent to more than six months
The net take-home pay (NTHP) will also be considered as a factor in determining eligibility for the loan. It should be more than or equal to Php5,000 after deduction of monthly contributions and loan amortization.
Old-age and disability pensioners may also apply for the loan as long as their net monthly pension does not fall below 25% of the basic monthly pension after deductions for loan amortization.
What are the requirements for the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
1. Duly-accomplished application form
For active members: Emergency Loan Application Form (Active Member)
For pensioners: Emergency Loan Application Form (Pensioner)
Print the application form, fill in the details then scan it for online submission.
2. Scanned copy or picture of the borrower’s electronic card (eCard) or Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) card. If not available, the borrower may provide two valid IDs.
3. Photo of the borrower holding the accomplished application form
- How COVID-19 changed the academic calendar of colleges and universities in the Philippines
- How to avail Php5,000 to Php8,000 from the Social Amelioration Program
- How to apply and claim your Php5,000 DOLE financial assistance
- All the answers to the questions about the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan
Where can I send our application for the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
Submission of all applications together with the requirements shall be sent online to the designated email address based on the members’ work address or pensioners’ residence as follows:
- NCR (including Quezon City and Cavite) — email@example.com
- North Luzon — firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Luzon — email@example.com
- Visayas — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindanao — email@example.com
How will I receive the loan proceeds from the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
The loan proceeds will be credited electronically to the borrower’s eCard or UMID card.
Aside from online application, where else can I apply for the COVID-19 Emergency Loan?
Active members and pensioners who have UMID cards may apply through the GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) kiosks placed in all GSIS branches and extension offices, city halls, provincial capitols, large government agencies like the Department of Education, select municipal offices and in Robinson and SM Malls.
How can I reach the GSIS for my questions and inquiries about the loan?
For any concerns or to follow-up on your loan application, you may contact GSIS thru its Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/gsis.ph/), send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call the GSIS hotline 8847-4747 (for Metro Manila) or 1-800-10-847-4747 (for Smart, Sun, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers) and 1-800-8-847-4747 (for Globe and TM subscribers).