Google Maps is an excellent navigation app for smartphones. It helps you find directions, tourist spots, check train times, and show lots of information on a specific location.
Hidden inside Google Maps is a speedometer feature that informs you once it detects that you’re exceeding the speed limit of the area you’re in. It basically gives you an alert, so you don’t get pulled over by the authorities.
If you travel frequently and use cars as mode of transportation often, you should consider using the Google Maps speed limit warning. the speed limit warnings is a good idea.
You don’t have to download an additional app to use this feature, as it exists within the Google Maps app for both Android and iOS devices.
How to turn on speed limit warnings in Google Maps
If you use Google Maps to plan and guide you on your trips, then enabling the speed limit warning is highly recommended. Here’s how to turn on and use the speed limit warning in Google Maps for smartphones. Ready to start? Let’s begin.
1. Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the latest version of Google Maps. If you already have it, make sure to update it. Afterwards, launch the app.
2. Click your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Once the menu appears, tap Settings.
4. Find the navigation settings by clicking on “Navigation.”
5. To find the speedometer toggle, scroll down to see the driving options.
You’re done! Now, open the Google Maps app on your device and tap “Speed Limits” in the bottom left corner of the screen. Your speed limit will appear there.
It’s important to note that Google Maps’ speedometer doesn’t accurately show the exact current speed of your car. Because of this, it’s best to use your car’s dashboard for real-time updates on its speed.
Have any questions about this tutorial? Let us know in the comments.